Molly Little—a current graduate student at the University of Denver (DU), lacrosse player, team captain, and sexual assault victim. Her story is one of perseverance.
As a lacrosse player, she initially transferred to DU after spending her first year at the University of Vermont. Now #18 and a defender for the team, Molly’s career accomplishments are a true testament to her love of the game.
Awards, Honors, and Highlights:
- BIG East Preseason Defensive Player of the Year
- 2021 Team Captain
- Named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week during 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons
- Preseason All-BIG EAST Team in 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Twice a unanimous selection
- Tewaartaton watch list
- Inside Lacrosse Preseason 3rd Team All-American
However, this list of accolades fails to spotlight her mental toughness and patient endurance of adversity as a sexual assault survivor. As a victim herself, she initially kept her battles inside, which effectively permeated into all other aspects of her life, especially in lacrosse. But as time passed, and with the help of her coach, family, friends, and therapists, she realized she was not alone. Today she stands as a passionate advocate and is even working with the Title IX compliance training coordinator to help deliver a more impactful education about sexual- and gender-based assault.
Original Article (written by Molly): https://www.uncutchapelhill.com/post/he-s-not-the-sun-you-are
* Originally published on April 12, 2021, by Jordan Alcon