Our rating system allows athletes to safely leave honest reviews for their coaches that are anonymous to those reading at home but are verified by us before being published on to the site. This is bound to change the landscape of choosing schools for athletes in many sports including track and field. Recruits will now have an authentic view into what the reality of a coach is. Here’s a list of the top track and field college coaches on our site.
- Tom Peterson, La Salle University – Philadelphia, PA ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Coming in with 11 total reviews and a 5-star rating, Coach Peterson has clearly left a profound impact on his athletes. His impact goes beyond being a phenomenal track coach, as one athlete says, “Coach Tom is not only an exceptional coach but an exceptional role model in all aspects of life.”
- (TIE) Michael Smith, Northern Arizona University- Flagstaff, AZ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
With a 5-star rating on 3 total reviews, Smith is clearly a favorite of his athletes. His success as Director of Track And Field and Cross Country speaks for itself as NAU has won 5 of the last 6 Men’s XC NCAA Championships. His athletes applaud his effort as one athlete says, “he pours himself into his work and into making us the best athletes that we can be.”
Marcia Mecklenburg, Eastern Washington University – Cheney, WA ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Coach Mecklenberg has earned a 5-star rating alongside Coach Smith.
- TIE The following two hardworking coaches tied for our third spot with 2 reviews and a 5-star rating.
- David Oliver, Howard University – Washington, DC
- Dana Boone, University of Central Florida – Orlando, FL
Know a coach you want to recognize? Email us at [email protected]
* Originally published on December 30, 2021, by Paramveer Chohan